Mercury Holidays is a multi award-winning travel company based in Sevenoaks taking customers abroad for almost 40 years. We're currently undergoing an internal transformation focusing on customer centricity, user experience, customer experience and technology.
An opportunity has arisen for a talented backend developer to join the Mercury Family. You'll be joining a small autonomous squad which consists of a product owner, a user experience designer and frontend developers.
You'll be working on one or many Go/Golang projects.
What you'll be doing
- Build microservice APIs using modern tools.
- Deliver high-quality, well-tested code
- Engineer reliable operational automation for CI & continuous deployment to the cloud.
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate and seek feedback
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
What we’re looking for
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- You know the difference between git merge and git rebase
- You understand when to use a SQL, a no-SQL or a graph database.
- You want to maximise business value through well-met requirements
- You have experience deploying production applications (e.g. Heroku, AWS, GAE)
- You rave about the benefits that CI / CD has given you in previous projects
- You care deeply about performance, availability and API design
- Great communication skills
What you will get
- Team building events
- Discounted Travel
- Christmas Party
- Occasional Pizza Fridays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Remote working options available
- Generous holiday allowance plus national/bank holidays
What you need to apply
- Links to online profiles you use such as Github, Twitter, Stackoverflow etc.
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, or LinkedIn profile)